SOCA ISLANDS LLC (‘Soca Islands’, ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’) are committed to protecting and respecting your personal data privacy and complying with data protection principles and provisions under applicable laws.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
We may collect Personal Information about you that you provide to us while using Soca Islands Platform and information about how you use Soca Islands Platform including when you open your user account (‘User Account’), visit Soca Islands Platform or make reservations for any intended Services or using the Services.
1) Opening Your User Account:
When you open with us a User Account or amend any information of your User Account, we may collect your Personal Information, such as your name, email address, mobile number, country, gender and password.
2) Purchasing Products:
(a) When you visit Soca Islands Platform (even you have not registered an User Account or logged in), purchase products, we may collect and process certain information (which may contain your Personal Information or may contain non-personally identifiable information but nevertheless linked to your Personal Information) including but not limited to those set out below: Copies of correspondence (whether by e-mail, instant or personal messaging or otherwise) between you and us; and between you and the shipping companies;
(b) Details of your usage of Soca Islands Platform (including traffic data, location data and length of user sessions);
(c) Feedback on and responses to surveys conducted by Soca Islands relating to the Services and newsletters which may be published, circulated or distributed by Soca Islands;
(d) Information automatically collected and stored in our server or the server of our third party services provider by using or accessing to Soca Islands Platform (including the log-in name and password for your User Account, your computers Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, browser information, device information (including unique device identifier), pages visited, previous or subsequent sites visited).
4) For your payment safety and to avoid misuse of your credit card information, Soca Islands may ask for your credit card details and a copy of a government issued ID to verify your purchase after payment is complete. For privacy reasons, you will be asked to cover your ID number and your credit card number except for the last 4 digits.
STORAGE OF INFORMATION
When it is no longer necessary for us to process your Personal Information, we will either delete or anonymise the data or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information.
We will endeavor to anonymise or aggregate your data if we intend to use it for analytical purposes or trend analysis.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access. Soca Islands does not give any representation, warranty or undertaking that the Personal Information you provide to us will be secure at all times, and to the extent Soca Islands has fulfilled its obligations under no circumstances shall Soca Islands be responsible for any losses, damages, costs and expenses which you may suffer or incur arising from unauthorised access to or use of your Personal Information.
All payment transactions carried out by us or our chosen third-party provider of payment processing services will be encrypted using online encryption technology. You are responsible for keeping your chosen password confidential and not to share your password with any third party.
USAGE OF INFORMATION
We process the Personal Information collected in as far as necessary for performance of the contract with and providing services to you. Besides, we process the other Personal Information collected on the basis of our legitimate interests, which are the further improvement of the services and for direct marketing purposes.
For example, Soca Islands will use Personal Information and other data collected through Soca Islands Platform or when making purchases for the Services to create your User Account, to provide you with the Services, to continually improve Soca Islands Platform and the Services, and to contact you in relation to the Services. This includes using your Personal Information or such other data to achieve faster purchase requests, better customer support and to provide you with timely notice of new Services and special offers.
From time to time, we may also make use of your Personal Information to contact you for feedback on your use of Soca Islands Platform, to assist us in improving Soca Islands Platform, or to offer special savings or promotions to you, where you have indicated your consent to receiving such communications. If you would prefer not to receive notices of special savings or promotions, you may simply opt-out from receiving them by replying to us through the hyperlink provided in these notices.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We may from time to time share and disclose your Personal Information and other data to third parties, some of whom may be located outside your home country. The circumstances under which such sharing and disclosure will take place may include without limitation, the following:
2) If you are a visitor, to the relevant Operator in connection with a Services which you have made reservations for or intend to make reservations for.
3) If you are an Operator, to any visitor in connection with the Services you are offering.
4) To our third party service providers (including Google Analytics), which we engage amongst others for the performance of certain services on our behalf, such as web hosting services, data analysis, marketing, market research, and to otherwise provide you with customer service.
5) If and to the extent required by any applicable law, order of court or requests by any governmental authority to make such disclosure.
6) Within Soca Islands. In case of a corporate transaction, in connection with the sale, merger, acquisition, or other corporate reorganization or restructuring of our corporation, your Personal Information may be disclosed, shared or transferred to the new controlling entity or its authorised third party for carrying on our business.
7) To our advisors, agencies or other parties concerned in order to protect the rights and property of SOCA ISLANDS.
8) In any other case, to any third parties with your prior written consent (and in which case we will make it possible for you to withdraw your consent as easily as it was to provide consent).
We may also share aggregate or anonymous information with relevant third parties, including our advertisers and service providers. Such information does not contain any Personal Information and will not identify you personally. However, in some occasions, these third parties may possess information about you or obtain your information from other sources. When they combine such information with our aggregate information, they may be able to identify you personally.
Your Personal Information may be transferred outside of your home country and outside of the European Union, for the abovementioned purposes. If such transfer takes place to a country that does not provide an adequate level of protection, Soca Islands will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place.
THE RIGHTS OF USERS
Users may exercise certain rights regarding their Data processed by the Owner. In particular, Users have the right to do the following:
- Withdraw their consent at any time. Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their Personal Data.
- Object to processing of their Data. Users have the right to object to the processing of their Data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent. Further details are provided in the dedicated section below.
- Access their Data. Users have the right to learn if Data is being processed by the Owner, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the Data undergoing processing.
- Verify and seek rectification. Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their Data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- Restrict the processing of their Data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their Data. In this case, the Owner will not process their Data for any purpose other than storing it.
- Have their Personal Data deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their Data from the Owner.
- Receive their Data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their Data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the Data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on the User’s consent, on a contract which the User is part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Lodge a complaint. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority.
DETAILS ABOUT THE RIGHT TO OBJECT TO PROCESSING
Where Personal Data is processed for a public interest, in the exercise of an official authority vested in the Owner or for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner, Users may object to such processing by providing a ground related to their particular situation to justify the objection.
Users must know that, however, should their Personal Data be processed for direct marketing purposes, they can object to that processing at any time without providing any justification. To learn, whether the Owner is processing Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, Users may refer to the relevant sections of this document.
HOW TO EXERCISE THESE RIGHTS
Any requests to exercise User rights can be directed to the Owner through the contact details provided in this document. These requests can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed by the Owner as early as possible and always within one month.
You may at all times access, correct or erase your Personal Information through Soca Islands Platform via the user portal. Alternatively, you may make your data access, correction or erasure request by sending your request by email at [email protected].
Where mandatory under applicable legislation, you may also request restriction of processing of your Personal Information or object to processing by sending your request or objection by email at [email protected]. You may also request a copy of the information that we hold about you by sending your request by email at [email protected].
Please contact us via the contact details mentioned below if you have a complaint regarding the processing of your Personal Information.
When handling any of these requests described above, we have the right to check the identity of the requester to ensure that he/she is the person entitled to make the request.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT DATA COLLECTION AND PROCESSING
The User’s Personal Data may be used for legal purposes by the Owner in Court or in the stages leading to possible legal action arising from improper use of this Application or the related Services. The User declares to be aware that the Owner may be required to reveal personal data upon request of public authorities.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT USER’S PERSONAL DATA
SYSTEM LOGS AND MAINTENANCE
For operation and maintenance purposes, this website and any third-party services may collect files that record interaction with this website (System logs) use other Personal Data (such as the IP Address) for this purpose.
INFORMATION NOT CONTAINED IN THIS POLICY
More details concerning the collection or processing of Personal Data may be requested from the Owner at any time. Please see the contact information at the beginning of this document.
HOW “DO NOT TRACK” REQUESTS ARE HANDLED
This website does not support “Do Not Track” requests. To determine whether any of the third-party services it uses honor the “Do Not Track” requests, please read their privacy policies.
Should the changes affect processing activities performed on the basis of the User’s consent, the Owner shall collect new consent from the User, where required.
Owner and Data Controller
Soca Islands Registered Office:
414 Macdonough Street, Brooklyn, New York, 11233
Owner contact email: [email protected]
This policy was updated on November 24 2021.